When you’re involved in a car accident, it’s important to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side. At Langdon & Mason, we understand the importance of protecting your rights and providing the best legal representation possible. In this blog post, we will explain everything you need to know about car accident lawyers and what they can do for you. From understanding compensation to the various types of attorneys available, read on to learn everything you need to know about finding the right lawyer for your case.
What is a car accident lawyer?
A car accident lawyer can help guide you through the legal process after a car accident. They can help assess your situation and provide advice on seeking compensation for damages you may have suffered. A car accident lawyer can also help to negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, if necessary.
Types of car accidents
Incarceration rates for drivers involved in car accidents have decreased by 36% since the passage of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s “Graduated Driver Licensing Act.”
More than four out of five drivers arrested for car accidents are not previously convicted of a traffic violation.
The most common type of car accident is a frontal-impact collision. In these crashes, the front of the car hits something else first. This can be another vehicle, a tree, or a structure such as a bridge or an overpass.
Side-impacts are less common, but can be more dangerous because they happen when one side of the car hits something else. They can also cause spinal cord injuries if the person in the seat next to you is hit head-on.
Tailgating is responsible for about one-third of all rear-end collisions, and drunk driving accounts for about half of all collisions that involve alcohol use by either driver.
What to do if you are involved in a car accident
If you are involved in a car accident, the best thing to do is to stay calm and call 911. If you have any questions about what to do or if you are injured in the accident, please don’t hesitate to call our office.
Here are some tips for getting through a car accident:
1. Stay Calm and Collected: The most important thing is to remain calm and collected. Don’t panic or make any rash decisions. This can only lead to more problems.
2. Exchange Names and Insurance Info: If there are any passengers in the other vehicle, it is important that you exchange information – including names, insurance information, and contact information – right away. This will help ensure that everyone is safe and accounted for following the accident.
3. Follow the Officer’s Instructions: If an officer arrives at the scene of the accident, follow their instructions carefully. Violating an officer’s instructions may result in additional penalties or even jail time.
4. Get Your Vehicle Out of Impoundment: Assuming there was no serious injury involved in the crash, your vehicle should be released fairly quickly after being towed away from the scene of the accident (usually within a few hours). In order to speed up this process, it is important that you promptly fill out all required paperwork and provide any pertinent evidence (like photos or video footage). Please note that failure to comply with these requests may delay your vehicle’s release by several days or more.
The different stages of a car accident case
The Different Stages of a Car Accident Case
In the aftermath of a car accident, individuals may experience different stages of grief. Each person’s experience will be unique, but some general stages may include denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.
Denial: At first, many people in the car accident situation will try to deny that anything has even happened. They may refuse to believe that they are injured or that their vehicle is damaged. They may wrongly think that they can fix the problem on their own or that someone else is responsible for the accident.
Anger: Once denial begins to fade and people begin to face reality, they may become angry with themselves and others involved in the accident. They may feel deceived or taken advantage of and resent those who were driving safely while they were on the side of the road. They may also feel sympathy for those who have been injured and outraged at what they see as injustice.
Bargaining: Some people will start bargaining with God or other supernatural beings in an effort to get things back to how they were before the accident occurred. These people might promise not to tell anyone about what happened or ask for forgiveness for any wrongs they have committed in the past. Others will bargain with insurance companies and lawyers in order to get as much compensation as possible.
Depression: As time goes on and reality sets in, many people will experience depression. This stage can be long-lasting and
What to do if you are injured in a car accident
If you have been in a car accident, there are a few things you should do to make sure you are taken care of. First, call the police and report what happened. They will need to track down all of the drivers and witnesses involved in the accident. Second, if you are injured, take off any clothing that is blood-soaked or broken. This includes your shoes and clothes below the waist. If possible, remove any tattoos or piercings that may be damaged in the accident. Finally, try to stay calm and talk to the police and other drivers involved in the accident. This will help them to understand what happened and can help get everything sorted out quickly and peacefully.
How to choose the right car accident lawyer
When you are in a car accident, it is important to have an attorney on your side. The wrong lawyer can cost you dearly in legal fees and damages. Follow these tips to choose the right one for your case.
1) Do your research. There are many qualified lawyers in Chicago, so make sure to ask friends, family, and Google what their experiences have been with certain attorneys. It’s also important to read reviews online before choosing an attorney.
2) Consider experience. Many attorneys have years of experience handling car accidents. If you know little about the law, seek out an attorney with experience in personal injury cases.
3) Ask questions. Before hiring an attorney, be sure to ask plenty of questions about their practice and how they will approach your case. This will help ensure that you are making a good decision for yourself and your family.
4) Pay attention to costs. When comparing lawyers, consider not only fees but also how much time the lawyer will need to complete the case and any specialties they may possess (such as car accident litigation). Fees can quickly add up if the case goes long, so be sure to get a breakdown of each fee before signing on the dotted line!
What to do if you’ve been in a car accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be feeling bewildered and scared. Here is a brief guide to help you get through the aftermath of an accident:
1. Make a list of your injuries. This will help you understand what needs attention and may require medical attention.
2. Get any documentation you can from the scene of the accident. This includes police reports, driver’s licenses, insurance documents, etc.
3. Contact your insurance company as soon as possible. They will want to know about the incident and any claims that may be pending.
4. Get copies of all important documents for yourself and any passengers involved in the accident. These can include health records, drivers licenses, insurance cards, passport photos, etc.
5. Seek legal advice if you are unable to reach your insurance company or if you have questions about your rights or responsibilities following an accident. A car accident lawyer can provide guidance and support throughout the process.
How to choose the right car accident lawyer
When you are in a car accident, the last thing you want to worry about is whether or not you have the right car accident lawyer. The following tips will help you choose the right one for your specific situation.
First and foremost, make sure that you consult with a lawyer who is intimately familiar with car accidents. This means that they should be knowledgeable about the laws in your state pertaining to automobile accidents, as well as the types of cases that they typically handle. This will help ensure that your case is handled appropriately and efficiently.
Another important factor to consider when choosing a car accident lawyer is their experience. Make sure to ask about their past clients’ outcomes, as this will give you an idea of how successful they are likely to be in your case. Furthermore, always speak with a lawyer before making any decisions; do not simply go with what someone tells you because it may not be the best option for you.
Lastly, it is important to budget for your legal fees when selecting a car accident lawyer. While many lawyers offer a free consultation, some may charge an initial fee and additional fees throughout the course of your case. It is important to understand all of the costs associated with your case so that you can make an informed decision regarding which lawyer to hire.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it is important to contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can help you determine if you have any legal rights and provide advice on how to protect these rights. If you are unable to find a lawyer through normal channels, consider contacting Langdon EMison for help. We represent clients who have been injured in accidents throughout Illinois and our attorneys are experienced in dealing with all types of car accidents.